Wednesday, November 28, 2012

...easy sunday morning

Pancakes
pancakes
My lifestyle is always at a fast pace, I hardly ever have time to do the thousands of things I want to do and one of them is to just sit down and have breakfast.  Calm.  Silent. Peaceful.  My early morning rise doesn't allow me any strength to bring food to my mouth and swallow.  Half asleep I manage to drive and park my car to catch the train.  Just then I start waking up.  As I stumble off the train and head walking distance to work, my hungry stomach calls.  Finally,  I'm in my daily bar (bars in Rome = coffee shops).  Pino, the friendly barman, greets me with a cappuccino and cornetto, no need to order. The freshly ground strong coffee and the cream-foamy milk shapes the cappuccino; the warm crisp and buttery cornetto compensates in sweetness.  All of this, in the middle of an orchestra of clinging spoons and clanging cups, pleasantly disturbing and festively loud.  Although this is something I enjoy with all my heart, spoiled by the service and pleased by the routine, nothing tops breakfast at home on an easy sunday morning with pancakes and pure maple syrup. Foremost, nothing tops the sight of my family still half asleep lifted from bed, drifting towards the kitchen, steered by the overwhelming scent of pancakes that fill their nostrils with pleasure.  At the table they sit, with their eyes wide-shut and pleased.  As they await the plate of stacked smokey pancakes, I try to wipe off the smug on my face, for the nasty turn in having pulled them from bed so early on a Sunday morning. 

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 cups of milk
1/4 cup of oil
1 3/4 cups of flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
1 tsp salt

Heat pan to medium-high.  In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil.  Add remaining ingredients, beat until lumps disappear. Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time, onto pan. Cook until bubbles form and edges start to dry, flip and bake other side. Makes about 16 4-inch pancakes.

Have an EZy Sunday morning!
Maple Syrup

4 comments:

  1. Will do it!! The sun will shine on my Sunday morning sleepy face!
    Can I use a normal non-stick frying pan? and what size? same as the pancake?
    Thank you so much!

    I love your pictures!!Aesthetical inspiration for the stomach!

    Anto*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Anto! A non stick pan will do but first add a dot of butter and wipe off the excess. Make them as big or as small as you want. Pancakes are good...anyway..any size!

      Delete
  2. Ho trovato questo blog per caso, devo dire e fare i complimenti.( semplice ,curato , e minimalchic)....La RAGAZZA ci sa fare!!!!

    BELLISSIME FOTO e ricette (non originali) ma interessanti,

    Per essere l'inizio e' un ottimo inizio...

    COMPLIMENTI

    ReplyDelete