Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Quail Eggs for Easter

quail eggs2















































I’m starting to sniff the Spring here in Rome and with Easter coming up, I’m feeling the change of seasons inside and out.  This is the time of year I love most,  everything inspires me.  We have a small “orto” in our backyard, where we plant vegetables and herbs, some fruit trees and 3 beautiful olive trees.  Things are slowly blooming, coming back to life.  It’s within this process of natural-preparation, typical in spring, where my soul fits spontaneously.  The clock ticks quickly, the days are not long enough, my mind overflows with plenty of projects, that build up day after day, and I’m covered with a constant sense of positiveness.  Welcome Spring, I’m happy you are finally here.
With regard to “preparation”, I’ve been flipping some interesting food magazines for the Easter.  I found this recipe hidden in a corner of the page, it caught my attention, mainly for the cute maculated eggs.  Quail eggs. The number of ways we use chicken eggs is endless. Fried, poached, scrambled, boiled, sunny side up, sunny side down...  We enjoy them for breakfast, in salads, humble and rustic as they are.  A quail egg might want to be treated differently, if not only for the fact that it takes 5 quail eggs to make one chicken egg and just one quail egg will deliver 5 times more nutritional values than the most commonly used chicken egg. In other words, you wouldn’t want to use them for an omelet.  Here’s an interesting, simple, quail egg recipe, you might find useful for Easter.
quail eggs1
recipe

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elvira, I've just found your blog and I'm in love with.
    See you soon
    Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Sabina, so nice to meet you! I heading over to your blog too.

    Elvira

    ReplyDelete