Monday, March 18, 2013

The smell of good bread baking...

Olive Bread

"The smell of good bread baking, 
like the sound of lightly flowing water, 
is indescribable in its evocation of 
innocence and delight..."

Bread making is one of those almost 
hypnotic businesses, 
like a dance from some ancient ceremony.  
It leaves you filled with one of the world's sweetest smells...
there is no chiropractic treatment, 
no Yoga exercise, 
no hour of meditation in a music-throbbing chapel,
 that will leave you emptier of bad thoughts 
than this homely ceremony of making bread.


{M.F.K. Fisher - The Art of Eating}


Olive bread
Olive Bread Olive Bread recipe

7 comments:

  1. lovely lovely pictures. nothing better than a homemade ovenfresh warm bread. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megha, I have a passion for bread. I've discovered a beautiful world of flour and yeast, right now I am in the process of natural levain culture. As soon as I'm in the stage to use it, I'll be posting more bread.

      Delete
  2. I have to try this just reading the recipe makes me hungry!
    Beautiful site to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jorgen thanks! Thanks to google translator, I tried your crayfish soup recipe. It was a success!

      Delete
  3. Love the pictures! Love your blog! I'm happy to follow you, you can visit my blog when you find time :)

    http://kitchenista-welcometomykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neela, thank you! You can't even imagine how much I enjoy Indian food. I recently purchased lots of indian species, so I'll be following you on how to use them. I just saw your naan bread, I want to try making it.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. A wonderful loaf of bread! I love the smell of baking bread.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete