Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Do it yourself Christmas wreath

Christmas Wreath
A small collection of Santas are lined on the fireplace, a star made of twined branches stands on the bookshelf and at last, the tree is up and sparkling bright, decorated with ornaments collected throughout the years.  A string of cardboard gingerbread men, which my son and I made when he was four, a small nest of birds that my mother had bought when I was a child, some wooden toys, ceramic snowflakes, glittered stars, many pretty pieces from my sister's trips abroad and the list goes on and on. The tree literally grows each year at the same pace of memories and intimate moments.

When it comes to Christmas decorating, an evergreen wreath can't be left out. It puts you straight in the mood and fills you with warmth just looking at it. This year I made a fragrant bay laurel wreath which hangs in my kitchen, it's sweet fragrance fills the house and when it dries out I can use the leaves for cooking.  You can also use any other soft greenery, such as rosemary stems or olive tree branches.  Twist a few branches to shape a circle, overlap the extreme ends, secure and tie with metal wire, that's how simple it is.  

A wreath will give that Christmas touch to your home, it's pretty placed in any corner and when it's handmade it's always better.

XXOO A presto!
Wreath
Christmas Wreath
wreath
wreath

4 comments:

  1. Ho dei decori per l'albero che avranno ormai 30 anni, ognuno di loro rappresantano un pezzetto di vita e di Natale passato, alcuni in modo felice e altri in modo meno felice, ma ciascuno sono in grado di farmelo ricordare. Li appendo ancora, non tutti però, quelli un pò troppo vecchiotti e delicati li ho messi da parte al sicuro:)) si sa mai accadesse qualcosa mi dispiacerebbe troppo!
    Mi piace l'idea di fare una ghirlanda con i rami degli ulivi, i miei genitori hanno un uliveto, quando vado a trovarli ne prendo qualcuno. Un abbraccio Elvira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tuoi genitori hanno un uliveto???? Ti invidio! La ghirlanda ti verra' bellissima...vedrai ;-)

      A presto!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love it. You are very crafty.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the Christmas mood that makes me temporarily crafty...if only I had more time!

      Delete