Thursday, January 14, 2016

when it comes to chocolate I go bananas

CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD (CAKE)
Banana Chocolate Bread
If I choose to eat chocolate, it's got to be dark. For me, the darker the better, the bitter, the better. You'll most likely find me eating a square, a cube or a chunk with a piece of bread, preferably a toasted slice.  Not the spreadable kind but the kind that makes that muffled sound in your mouth as soon as you bite into it, something like, stunc...you know what I mean. It needs to melt in my mouth and not in my hands, and if I find a boozy cherry inside, I won't mind at all, but if there's a couple of drops of coffee instead, I'll enjoy it even more.  Not to mention if I get my hands on those with a thin layer of mint.

..but when that dark chocolate, finds its way in a tin to become soon later what is more than just a cake, then my friends, my dear, dear, friends, we are on a totally different planet, the one closest to heaven!
Banana Chocolate Bread
Chocolate Banana Bread (Cake)

2 whole eggs
150 g raw sugar
150 g flour
16 g baking powder
50 ml milk
100 ml extra virgin olive oil, the mild kind
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
30 g good quality dark chocolate cocoa powder
1 banana, mashed
1 banana, whole

In a big bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, add the extra virgin olive oil and whisk until absorbed in the liquid. Add in the milk and 1 mashed banana, whisk again. Now stir in the dry ingredients, sieved flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt and cocoa powder.

Pour the batter in a tin lined with baking paper. Slice a banana in lengthwise in 4 and place on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC 40 minutes, check with a skewer if it comes out clean and bake a few more minutes if necessary.

7 comments:

  1. Eheh, anche io sono della scuola di pensiero "the darker the better, the bitter, the better": ogni fine pranzo che si rispetti vede come protagonista un quadretto di cioccolato amar(issim)o e un caffè, anche quello amaro ;-) E si, decisamente devo fare questo cake, che già dal titolo mi aveva conquistata :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. io e te siamo sulla stessa lunghezza d'onda (e non solo per il cioccolato e il caffe') ;-)

      Delete
  2. Dai, mi hai fatto venire l'acquolina in bocca. This looks so good, and easy to make. I actually love both dark, bitter chocolate AND milk chocolate. For instance, I love dark chocolate in a cake like this, but I love to dip coconut macaroons in milk chocolate. As usual, your photography is stunning, my friend. Spero di vederti presto xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie cara! It takes seconds to make, I'm actually whisking one up right now for breakfast tomorrow morning. Ci vediamo sicuro...ci tengo <3

      Delete
  3. This looks great but any chance of converting the ingredients to Non-metic for us Americans ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing this out! I just added a conversion table, you can find it at the top next to the recipe archive page or click here to go direct http://ezycookingandmore.blogspot.it/p/conversion-tables-cup-mililiter-ml-cup.html
      I hope you fine it useful.

      Delete
  4. I love dark chocolate, and those long banana slices are lovely.

    ReplyDelete